Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another day, another blog

As you may guess, this isn't my primary blog, and Emelyn Thomas isn't my real name.  This is the name I use when I want to talk about my journey towards becoming a mother.  It hasn't been an easy jouney so far, and the longer it gets, the more I want to say.  So now the time has come to create a blog. Hopefully there are not too many other people on this path with me, but if by sharing my experiences I can make it a little easier for someone, or help someone to understand what I (or some one else) am (is) going through, the this will be worth it.

To summarise my journer so far:
  • I had my implanon removed in January 2009
  • My menstrual cycle became regular again in May 2009
  • I became pregnant in December 2009
  • I had an EPRC at 10 weeks 4 days in February 2010.  The pregnancy had stopped developing at about 7 weeks
  • I became pregnant again in September 2010
  • I miscarried in November 2010 at 11 weeks 3 days
  • I'm still getting my hopes up every month (or so), but no luck this year

The reason I don't feel I can use my real name when talking about my journey to motherhood is that I work in a very male dominated industry and (particularly in light of the continuing economic troubles) I suspect that my job would be in jeopardy if they found out I was looking at having children.

If you are interested, I published an article over at the wonderful f-word in February:
(http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/2011/02/breaking_the_si)

Thanks for stopping by!
Emelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment